Deacon stops singing and says, "Mommy, hear that baby crying?"
I say, "Yes, that baby is sad."
Deacon says, "I want to give that baby my Emily."
I say, "Are you sure? You want to give the baby your Emily?"
He says, "Yes."
So, I go and find the first baby I see, explain to the parents what we are doing, and watch my sweet boy hand over his most coveted, prized Emily to this baby he doesn't even know. He does it without crying, without wanting a take-back, or without any prompting by me. Deacon just gives it away!
What a testimony of God's love for us. He gave us his most prized, coveted, gift - his SON! Did it hurt just a bit to hand his son over to us, knowing full well what would happen 33 years down the road? SURE! But yet God sacrificed his ONLY SON that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have EVERLASTING life. Once God handed Jesus over did he ask for a "take-back" or regret his decision? Not in the least! What a great and glorious God we serve who loves us so much!
My prayer is that you be reminded this Valentine's Day how much you are loved! Every time I see an Emily train I will be reminded of God's love for me and for my precious little Deacon.

3 comments:
How sweet! And fabulous that you didn't have to buy the train!
That is so sweet! I'd be a proud Mama too :)
This almost brought tears to my eyes, how sweet! You do have the cutest little boys!
Post a Comment