
What are Prayerful Mondays...I need to be more purposeful in my prayers for others. I am WAY too good at praying for myself. I have decided to designate Mondays for pray requests. Each Monday I will share with you some of my prayer requests. Some are for blog friends, some best friends, and yes, some will be for myself (or my family). Please join with me in praying for each other. Oh...and if you have something specific or not so specific in mind for me to pray about, leave me a comment. Here we go...
- Yesterday, Ryan attended a memorial for the mother of two of his students. One of the students is a girl 7th grader and plays volleyball for him and the other is a boy Kindergartner and is in his P.E. class. Their mother lost her 6-year battle with cancer. I couldn't imagine losing my mother at age 29, but these two are still children. The little boy has never known a time where his mother wasn't sick. They found out she had stage 4 cancer when she was pregnant with him. Ryan said she asked the Lord for 5 years with her children and praised Him because He gave her six. Wow! Please pray for this hurting family. Pray for their friends and extended family, that they may be a comfort and a physical touch from the Lord. Pray for Dad. He has had to be both mother and father for the past six years, but still, the hurting is still severe.
- And the Lord gives a new life in the midst of this lost. Ryan's best friend's sister, Mel and her husband Kurt welcomed Lily Kate last Thursday. Pray for rest for the new parents. Praise Him for a healthy baby girl!
- Our friends Nathan and Amanda just found out they're expecting TWINS! Oh my, they have such an exciting road ahead. Pray for a healthy pregnancy for Amanda. Pray the Lord prepares them for parenthood and also helps them cherish this sweet alone time together. I'll keep you posted on their Twin-birth journey. It should be a great adventure.
I hope you all have a great week. Let's remember to lift each other up in prayer this week.
1 comment:
I'll be praying and praising with you!
Can you email me your new address for a shower invite?
kampkk (at) gmail (dot) com
Post a Comment