Since my in-laws have not decided to move to Conroe, Miss. Addie will have to go to daycare at a very young 7 weeks-old. The boys didn't start attending daycare until we moved here and they were two. Addie will be attending the same one as the boys, PRAISE THE LORD they had an opening. Anyways...I'm planning on sending her Monday, even though I have the day off. That way she (and I) can ease into daycare.
Questions:
- Did you send your infant to daycare? If so, any advice or suggestions on what I should pack for her?
- Would you advise me to "check-in" on her Monday to see how she is doing? I am not typically an emotional person, but for some reason I'm being a little emotional about this. I don't know if it would be a good thing or counter-productive to visit her.
4 comments:
I know this is so hard Dem!
We didn't send LK till after she was a year but even then it was hard on me.
I just called a lot to check on her at first. I knew if I saw her and she saw me it would be that much harder to leave again.
Oh, big changes for you. Hang in there, it could be rough. It was extremely hard for me. I sent Elizabeth at 8 weeks on a Monday and I went to work on Wednesday.
What to pack? Usually, the school has guidelines of what you should pack. Here is what I did: 2 extra changes of clothes+socks, diapers, wipes, diaper cream, paci, and blanket as other bedding was provided by the school. Of course breast milk or formula with the number of bottles you think she will take during the day.
Did I check in? No, because had I,I would have run back up to the school and picked her up even if she was fine. That is me though and some may think I am cold hearted about it. I'm not, I just know me.
Good luck. I am thinking of you and sending you big hugs...I cried like the biggest baby the week before we started and I went to visit the school to know what was needed. Take tissues for you just in case!
I will be praying for you! As a child care provider for many years...the best way to go is to drop and go...it will help you both to form a secure attachment...you will begin to form a pattern of trust even at an early age. She may be upset to be left, but she will also trust you to pick her up every day! Healthy habits start early. Make sure you give her a kiss and tell her you lover her and that you will be back! please try not to sneak out! HUGS AND PRAYERS!!
I took Melissa to daycare at 6 weeks. She was so little! Although we took her to a ladies house, it was still a daycare since she watched 3 other children. Regarding what to pack, the daycare may have guidelines for what you can and can't bring, so definitely check with them. If it makes you feel better, call the daycare to see how she is doing, but I wouldn't actually go up there. You can always pick her up a bit early, which is what I did the first day. Good luck!
Post a Comment