Thursday, February 17, 2011

Addie - One Month Old


My sweet Addie Mae is 1 month old. To be exact, she's 1 month and 1 week. The realization that time is moving too fast hit me Monday when I went to my school to show her off. I only have a week and half more with her before I have to go back to work. CRAZY! I know that teaching is where I am supposed to be right now, but it's still hurts leaving your children at daycare.

At this age, our Addie:
  1. lifts her head and turn it to look around
  2. recognizes her mommy and daddy's voice. She smiles when we talk to her.
  3. eats 4 oz at every feeding. The girl LOVES to eat on schedule every 3 hours.
  4. sleeps at night for four hours straight. That means we're only getting up with her once, which is not too bad. I lay her down awake and she does a GREAT job of falling asleep on her own - little to no fussing at all.
  5. HATES anything on her head. This is extremely unfortunate considering her mommy is bound and determined to make her wear ridiculously big bows.
  6. loves the bath - a VERY warm bath. She is already a little princess about it. If it's too cold, she fusses until you warm it up. She'll just lounge and would fall asleep if we let her. 
  7. takes naps on her tummy or in her swing. I'm too nervous to have her sleep on her tummy all night.
  8. is the apple of her big brothers' eyes. They adore her. They call her "my baby." They want to play with her and help. Both boys are great helpers.
We all just love this sweet girl of ours. Happy One Month, Addie Mae!

1 comment:

Kier's Serendipity said...

Yea! She is such a delighful little creature!