Monday, January 31, 2011

Psalm 118:1

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:1

Beautiful girl just one-hour old.
Nothing can prepare you for the birth of a child. No books. No class. Even having an older child cannot prepare you for adding an additional. Ryan and I weren't planning on having any more children. But God in his INFINITE wisdom knew that our family NEEDED a little girl.

The great thing about a scheduled c-section for someone like me (TYPE A), is I know what to expect. There's a date, a time, and place. No surprises. Sure, sometimes God throws you a curve ball and baby comes before the c-section, but the percentages on that is low.

Happy girl at a ten days old.
My pregnancy was very smooth. No morning sickness, not even nausea, a few aches and pains here and there, but that's it. I complained mostly because I was pregnant that you're supposed to complain when you're pregnant. :-) The worst was part was heartburn, oh the heartburn! Still, it could have been so much worse.

January 10, 2011, started like any other day. We were woken up by the boys. I showered, got ready for day, fed the boys breakfast, we watched cartoons. A nice lazy morning. Then at 10:30 a.m. Ryan and I kiss the boys good-bye and leave them with his mom and my parents. We head out the door to the hospital to bring home a baby sister for the boys.




The loves of my life!
We welcomed our precious little girl at 12:52 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 inches long. She is PERFECT. Within an hour of being born she was lifting her head and looking us in the eyes. She wakes up once in the night and sleeps the rest of the time. She smiles when you tickle her chin. She can out-burp any man in the room as well as out-gas. She loves to be cuddled and loves music. Once again I say, she's PERFECT!

I love my sweet Addilyn Mae. One baby names site says her name means "good humor" and bless her heart, she needs to have it to be a part of our crazy family. Another site says Addilyn means "noble." I love this because my prayer is that she will grow to believe she is the daughter of the king most high. She IS of nobility.
Sweet Addie Mae at two-weeks-old.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a beautiful post about your beautiful girl. She truly is gorgeous Deminy!

Kier's Serendipity said...

What a beautiful blessing and addition to your family! I can not wait to hear about the adventures your family will have with this precious gift.