Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Addie - Two Months

I'm behind on updating my girl for her TWO MONTH birthday. I've sat down to do it a million times, but inevitably, I get interrupted. Addie is now almost three months. I would skip over two months, but I really want to write this down to remember for later.

At two months our Addie:
  1. is 11.9 lbs. and 22.25 in. long (73% in both).
  2. lifts her head and turns it to look around.
  3. is beginning to laugh and coos BIG time. The laughing is no big belly laugh by any means, but it's something and oh so adorable. She loves to coos when you sing to her. I make dramatic pauses in the middle of the song and she chimes in. It's our own version of a mother/daughter duet! :)
  4. eats 4 oz at every feeding. The girl LOVES to eat on schedule every 3 hours. At this point I'm starting to think she needs 5 oz. at every feeding, too. I've added rice cereal to her bottles to see if this fulfills her and helps make her poop more solid. She is having a lot of bm diapers that are very liquidy.
  5. sleeps at night for six to seven hours straight about 3 nights out of the week. We're on our way to sleeping all seven night out of the week. Crossing my fingers this comes SOON! The inconsistent sleep pattern is exhausting for baby and momma (and daddy, too)!
  6. still HATES anything on her head. SUPER bummed about this one.
  7. loves the bath - a VERY warm bath. She is already a little princess about it. If it's too cold, she fusses until you warm it up. Instead of almost falling asleep, though, she now likes to smile/laugh/coo through it.
  8. takes naps in her swing mostly. She is not enjoying being on her tummy like she did at one month. It's a good thing her momma is more stubborn than she is. ;)
  9. is the apple of her big brothers' eyes. They are playing a bigger role in helping with her. They will hold the bottle, powder her bottom, entertain her, and just be a great resource when needed.
  10. Her personality is really coming out. The other night I was talking to her and she rolled her eyes at me. OH BOY!
I don't have a picture of her with her bear this month. I do have a picture of Addie with her older cousin, Case. Case was born December 5, 2010. Aren't they a cute pair?!?

2 comments:

The Gaults said...

I hear you about being bummer with the not wanting anything on her head. Kyndall lasts a couple of minutes and then rips her bow off her head, sometimes popping herself in the eyes/mouth. But I am determined!! By the ways Addie is beautiful!!! -Alisha

Kier's Serendipity said...

How fun! If it is any consolation, Elizabeth HATED having anything on her head or hair. At just past 2 just is starting to tolerate a bow...sometimes.