Six weeks after the initial pregnancy test I started to spot. There are no words to explain the feeling you have when you think you're about to lose a child. I called my doctor, they told me to stay on bed rest and go to the imaging center the next day for an ultrasound.
The next morning Ryan and I went to the imaging center (scared, nervous, anxious, etc.). We went in and the ultrasound tech immediately became quiet while looking at the screen. She started asking all sorts of questions. "Were you on fertility?" "Do you have multiples in your family?" The answer, of course, was "NO!" on both accounts. She then excused herself to get someone to look at it.
What seemed like forever, but was really about a minute, she returned with back-up. Both ladies looked at the screen, looked at us, then back at the screen. They FINALLY turned the screen around and said, "You're having twins." Ryan's face turned a shade of red I have never seen before. I couldn't stop smiling/laughing.
In an instant we went from fearing for our child's life to rejoicing over the health of our childREN.
Our little guys are no longer babies anymore. They are little MEN. We celebrated their 3rd birthday on August 15th. They are going to big brothers to a baby sister in about 5 months. They love Veggie Tales, Toy Story, and Lightening McQueen. Rhett is a big fan of dancing. He will dance to any music, any time, any where. Deacon loves pretending to be the "Big Giant Pickle" from Veggie Tales. Poor kid is mixed up. He roots for Goliath! They want to be anywhere their daddy is and are his biggest fan. More than anything, they are each other's best friend.
I love watching them grow everyday. God has blessed me indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment