Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh wow! The past month has been C-R-A-Z-Y in the Highley Household. Here is the Monthly Top Ten of the Highley house.
  1. I turned the dreaded 30! It was such a wonderful day. My sweet husband threw me w HUGE surprise birthday party with someone of my best friends - new and old - there to celebrate. He also surprised me with a new camera.
  2. We finished the school year with a bang. My first year as a teacher was such a learning experience. I had an interesting class (in a good way and in not such a good way), but overall they were sweet. The Woodlands Christian Academy has been such a blessing to our family. The people have accepted us with open arms and made us feel at home. We love it down here, our new home and our new life.
  3. The boys have BOTH turned a the tide on potty training. Rhett's been a champ from the start. It helps that he HATES being dirty in anyway shape or form. We're still battling the pooping business, though. The boy is chronically constipated, which makes pooping no fun. Any advice or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Deacon just last week started wearing underwear on a daily basis. Before he would say, "I wear diapers. Rhett wears underwear, Mommy." My goal is to have them pros by the time we start school in August.
  4. It's the third week of June and Ryan has already had TWO camps. The first one was a volleyball camp and the second one a baseball one. Oh the life of a coach's family.
  5. I don't have a picture of it, but I finally got my haircut. It was LONG overdue - say, a year. I really need to do it more often but it's hard to find the time when you have to work a regular job. I'll try to take the time to post a picture of it soon.
  6. We are preparing for a trip to West Texas. We'll be headed to Midland, Big Spring, Lubbock, Nazareth, and to top it off, Plainview. This will be a fun but exhausting weekend. The boys are GREAT travelers, but they tend to be nightmares when their schedule is off. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about it. We'll be gone for about 10 days. This is the longest trip away from home for the boys. We could use all the prayers in the world for this one.
  7. I love summer and being outside. Our official kick-off to summer included a ten minute trip to the pool. It was cut short by thunder and lightening. We partook in some watermelon, grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, and enjoyed some more pool time with out inflatable one. We bought this one last August on major clearance and it has come in handy. The BEST investment, though, was the electric air pump. It inflates the pool in under a minute!
  8. The boys have entered into the whining stage of life. I am frustrated beyond belief with all the fighting and fussing. I pray this is short-lived. PLEASE! let it be short-lived.
  9. The boys had their first adventure on a BOAT. I was a little nervous on how they would do on a boat. I mean it's loud, rocky, fast, etc. Well, after about 2 seconds my worries were put to rest. The loved it! The keep on asking when they can go on the boat with Mr. Todd again. Ryan is already looking for a way to buy a boat of our own :).
  10. Unfortunately for Ryan, a boat will not be in a budget anytime soon. Instead, we'll need to invest in a new and BIGGER car. Why, you ask? Well...

2 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Congratulations! So happy for your growing, sweet family!

KK said...

i'm so excited for you guys!