Christmas is such a magical time! I love the season. This year we purposely chose to establish what I hope will be long-lasting traditions in our home. On Christmas Eve my parents and brother came into town. I cooked a brisket meal. After dinner we decorated cookies for Santa. If you ever need a good sugar cookie recipe (for cut cookies), I recommend Martha Stewart's recipe HERE. They are the BEST tasting, but cut out very nicely. 
Rhett working hard on spreading his icing.

Deacon wearing and eating his sugar cookies for Santa.
The final product!
After we decorated cookies for Santa, it was time for the boys to go to bed while Santa's elves went to work. The boys woke up to a room full of balloons and new toys. It took them a while to understand that all the new toys were for them from Santa. But eventually they got and had fun playing with all their new stuff.

On the 26th we drove to Weatherford, where my parents live so we could cut our trip to Oklahoma down. That night Ryan, Shane, and I went to see the movie Avatar. My jury's still out on this movie, although the boys liked it a lot.
Finally, here is my favorite picture from the holidays:

Stay tuned for some pictures from our trip to Oklahoma!
Rhett working hard on spreading his icing.
Deacon wearing and eating his sugar cookies for Santa.
The final product!
After we decorated cookies for Santa, it was time for the boys to go to bed while Santa's elves went to work. The boys woke up to a room full of balloons and new toys. It took them a while to understand that all the new toys were for them from Santa. But eventually they got and had fun playing with all their new stuff.

On the 26th we drove to Weatherford, where my parents live so we could cut our trip to Oklahoma down. That night Ryan, Shane, and I went to see the movie Avatar. My jury's still out on this movie, although the boys liked it a lot.
Finally, here is my favorite picture from the holidays:
Stay tuned for some pictures from our trip to Oklahoma!
No comments:
Post a Comment