Monday, October 19, 2009

Prayerful Mondays


What are Prayerful Mondays...I need to be more purposeful in my prayers for others. I am WAY too good at praying for myself. I have decided to designate Mondays for pray requests. Each Monday I will share with you some of my prayer requests. Some are for blog friends, some best friends, and yes, some will be for myself (or my family). Please join with me in praying for each other. Oh...and if you have something specific or not so specific in mind for me to pray about, leave me a comment. Here we go...
  1. Our friends, Cassie and Carrie's granddad has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Please pray for healing and for peace for the Wood Family. 
  2. Last week I mentioned Jenn Colley having baby Crew on Wednesday. Well, it's a week later and she's still pregnant. The plan is for her to have the c-section tomorrow evening. Pray for Jenn and Colby. Pray for their little one Camren as he has been sick this week. Pray for their doctor and for the nurses as well. Such an exciting time for them! God is so good.
  3. This weekend we found out that a student at Ryan's former school, Trinity Christian, killed himself. Ryan did not know the student. He was a new transfer this year, but our hearts break for our Trinity family who is hurting. Please keep the staff and students in your prayers this week as they prepare to move on from this tragedy. Pray for the student's family as they find themselves in the middle of a nightmare. 
  4. Pray this week for your children's (or future children) salvation. Hug your children and DAILY tell them you love them. Introduce them to Jesus, the one who is your lover, comfort, and best friend during EVERY season. Show them the LOVE of the Father and that they never HAVE to be alone.  
  5. Little Rhett is sick again. This time he's been throwing up. Please pray for him. He wants to feel better and tries but just can't do it yet. It's so sad to watch.
  6. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. All of us, I'm sure, have been touched by this disease in one way or another. Pray for a cure. 
I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations, Deminy!!!

Your comment on my RAGU giveaway product review page, was randomly selected out of 526 via www.random.org/integer!

On behalf of BlogHer and RAGU, cOnGrAtS on winning the $100 Visa gift card, woman!!!

I will pass your info along to BlogHer.

Blessings to you and your sweet family!

suz

Anonymous said...

Prayer works my friend!