Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Newest Highley

If you can't tell by the Cubs jersey, this Cabbage Patch Kid was Ryan's when he was a child. Poor little guy, has no pants. Don't ask me why, but someone cut a huge hole in the crotch. Suffice to say, I threw them away. 

The Twins decided that Ryan's CPK needed to be adopted into our family. He has been living with us for at least a month. We decided to make it official. It is with joy and excitement that I introduce you to the newest Highley member:

"Boy" Highley
Born: Sometime in the '80s
Adopted: August 3, 2009

Yes, my friends, they named the CPK "BOY." I couldn't change their minds. When you ask them what the baby's name is, they both yell "Boy." Let's hope their baby-naming skills improve with age. 

On another note, the boys turn TWO next weekend, on the 15th. Here is a copy of the e-vite we sent to friends and family. Don't be sad if you didn't receive one. We only invited people close friends and family in the Conroe area and our parents. Maybe next year we can have a bigger blow-out. 

I know the 5 of you who read the blog are dying for pictures of the new house, moving, and 
an overall update, but alas, time is running away from me. I promise I will upload pictures and get you all caught up on the Highley Family soon. For now, I leave you with this picture of one little mover...

3 comments:

KK said...

That is too cute! I can't wait to see pics of the new house!

Danielle said...

So nice to have good helpers! Can't wait to see more pictures!

sarahcharis said...

I can't believe you're gone. It was nice reconnecting with you, Deminy. We should've done it LOOONG before the move. Hope you enjoy your new home! Congrats!