Monday, July 6, 2009

Prayerful Mondays


What are Prayerful Mondays...I need to be more purposeful in my prayers for others. I am WAY too good at praying for myself. I have decided to designate Mondays for pray requests. Each Monday I will share with you some of my prayer requests. Some are for blog friends, some best friends, and yes, some will be for myself (or my family). Please join with me in praying for each other. Oh...and if you have something specific or not so specific in mind for me to pray about, leave me a comment. Here we go...

Prayerful Mondays - July 6, 2009

  1. My best friend is a nurse at UMC here in Lubbock.  She asks that we pray for the Pena Family.  I don't know any specifics about their situation, just that they could use some serious PRAYER WARRIORS right now.  Please pray for this unspoken request.
  2. Speaking of my best friend, Brandi, her cousin Zach is getting married this weekend.  Pray for the Kyle Family as they make their way to Arkansas for Zach's wedding.  They could use some travel angels watching over them .  Pray for Zach and Rebekah as they start this journey called MARRIAGE!
  3. Pray for Ryan's tennis camp going on this week.  Pray that the Lord meets the kids were they are and their hearts are open to receive what he has in store for them.
  4. So, I've been working at the MDA  office the last couple weeks, trying to recruit volunteers for their big event in August. Last week I called a businessman, Mr. B., asking him to attend the event and he said he couldn't commit because, "[he] doesn't know if he'll be a live by then." He told me he is in kidney failure and needs a new kidney ASAP - that if I knew of anyone who had a kidney to spare, they need to do it "soon." I can't shake this man out of head. I listened to the defeat in his voice.  Even his plea for a kidney wasn't a plea out of hope, but more out of a sarcastic, "yeah, right!" Please pray for Mr. B. Pray for healing both physical and spiritual. He could use a miracle.
I hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments: