Monday, May 11, 2009

Prayerful Mondays: ***UPDATE***

***UPDATE***
ROBYE'S LUMPS ARE BENIGN!!! NO CANCER!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
What are Prayerful Mondays...I need to be more purposeful in my prayers for others. I am WAY too good at praying for myself. I have decided to designate Mondays for pray requests. Each Monday I will share with you some of my prayer requests. Some are for blog friends, some best friends, and yes, some will be for myself (or my family). Please join with me in praying for each other. Oh...and if you have something specific or not so specific in mind for me to pray about, leave me a comment. Here we go...

So, I haven't been the best at keeping up with Prayerful Mondays during the month of April. I'm picking it back up in May based on the prompting of my cousin-in-law (thanks Carol!) I know prayer works. I believe it. I have faith and get my strength from it. I know God is glorified by it. I need to stop being selfish and pray more. Here's to a new beginning:

Prayerful Mondays: May 11, 2009

  1. My in-laws best friend went to MD Anderson last week to have tests run. The doctors suspect she might have breast cancer. This has been such an incredibly hard time for her and her family. Please pray for Robye right now. Pray for her husband, David and daughter, Britni. Pray for her doctors. More than anything, pray that God is glorified through McGuires and His spirit fills their life.
  2. Over the course of the last four years, my in-laws have gone through a rough battle to gain custody of their "foster" child, Jaz. A month ago they won the battle. The judge suspended parental rights of Jaz's birth mother. She in turn appealed the decision. Last week, they won that battle, when the courts refused to rehear the case. Now, they must wait 90 days before they can win the war. Jaz's birth mother has 90 days to appeal the appeal to the Appellate court. If they deny her appeal, that's the end. My in-laws can then begin adoption procedures. Can I ask simply for your prayers over this situation? Please pray for the Highleys as this has been a very stressful time both emotionally and (as you can imagine) financially. Jaz is worth it all, we know, but a little peace and relief would be greatly appreciated. Pray for Jaz as she is only 5 years and still remembers her other siblings and "mother." Pray that she will know who she is in the Lord first, as this all can be confusing. And lastly, please pray for Jaz's birth mother. Pray for her salvation. Pray that she may know the love of her Heavenly Father.
  3. PRAISE!!! Our Aunt Marka received results back from her own tests for breast cancer and it's NOT cancer! Thank you Lord!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. Please know how much you are loved by your Daddy in heaven. You are a treasure!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'll be praying!!!

KK said...

Praise the Lord!