Monday, February 9, 2009

Prayerful Mondays

What are Prayerful Mondays? Check out the first edition HERE to find out.

I don't know about you guys, but lately I've been feeling really CRUMMY. It's like my body's trying to fight a cold without me actually having a cold. Sometimes I forget that Winter is until March 21st. For me, Winter is November 1st to January 15th. Anyways, I hope you all are staying well. If not, here's a little prayer for you!
  1. As stated above, we need a BIG prayer for all the sickness going around. Ryan had 10 kiddos absent from ONE class today due to illness. Please Lord, keep us all healthy!
  2. I LOVE to Blog-stalk people. It's one of those things that breaks up the day and helps me feel a little connected to the outside world (meaning, the world outside of Lubbock, TX). Lately I've been reading about a lot of families with little ones TERMINALLY ill. My heart breaks for these families. I know the love of a mother and no parent should ever have to bury their their child. Please pray for ALL the hurting, broken families out there mourning the loss of a child far too soon.

I cannot end this post without sharing these pictures with you...

As I was sitting here yesterday morning checking my email, I heard a loud squeal coming from the living room. I ran in to see what was all the commotion. This is what I found...
Deacon decided the duck needed to go for a ride on the Roomba. Good times, good times.

Here's a little picture of Rhett at our BIL's, Chad, parent's house. We love him just as much as we love Deacon. Poor thing, he has a spotlight stealer for a brother.


2 comments:

:: shanda hasse :: said...

Oh Deminy, I have been running into lots of those same blogs, and my heart literally aches for those precious families. God must have it on both of our hearts to pray pray pray. I even posted about it before reading your post! The boys are precious. Love love.

KK said...

Deminy,
I keep meaning to tell you, but I usually read from my iPhone and feedreader and can't comment. I love your Prayerful Mondays!! What an awesome idea!!! And of course the boys are as cute as ever :)