Cristo Rosa Hospital - Day 3 in San Antonio
Let me begin by saying I love my friend Cassie. She is precious and dear to my heart. Unfortunately, I was allergic to something in the robe she gave us as bridesmaids in her wedding. Wearing the robe before I washed it cause me to break out in an ugly and VERY itchy rash. This happened three days before we went on vacation.I went that Tuesday to Grace Clinic because my PCP couldn't get me in for two weeks. The doctor gave me a steriod shot and a precription for an antibiotic because he said my rash was also infected. Go figure. Well, it was infected. And the medicine he gave me made me ultra sensitive to the sun. Have I mentioned that we were going to San Antonio for vacation?
Fast forward to Monday morning at 4 am. After a great Sunday walking around the S.A. Zoo and the Riverwalk, I wake up itching like crazy from face down my arms and on my legs (all the exposed areas). I take some benadryl and it knocks me out. I wake up with the boys again at 7:30 am and my face feels like its on fire. Go to the mirror and it is tomato red and about 2 sizes too big. Ryan goes to the concierge and asks where the nearest emergency clinic. We hope in the car, leaving the boys with my parents, go to the wonderful hospital.
The people there we very sweet and helpful. They were able to get me right in (they had a lot of sympathy). The Good doctor gave me some happy pills that took away the itch and took away the swelling. The vacation went on...
Let's analyze the face. Notice the red checks. Well, they are tighter than Dolly Parton's face (sorry, only analogy I could think of). The rash attacked the eyes as well, hence the just got out bed look on my face. The forehead and chin are fine. Here's some icing on the cake...the great doctor in Lubbock looked at me for 30 seconds and said, "Yes, I see the rash on your face, and it's on your forehead, too." My thought, "No, Sherlock, that's called ACNE! " I was about to start my period so of course my face was broken out to add insult to injury. This is me working up a smile. Unfortunately, my face was so swollen, this all you get. "Cheese!"
Here we are waiting in the examining room. The staff did get us in the back fast, but we still had to wait 30 minutes to see the doctor. I guess this is universal in the medical field. Doesn't Ryan have a great supportive face? Actually I think he was trying not to laugh at me. Seriously, he was great through all this. I have a magnificent husband.
This has nothing to do with my trip to hospital, but that it was in the hallway. How cool is a guitar-playing cow?
1 comment:
You poor girl! Now if I had been there, I would have made sure the doctors knew you also needed a prescription for lots of ICE CREAM! You know from first hand experience it's one of my favorite cure alls. Take care sweetie and stay rash free!! Much Love, Ally
Post a Comment