Dear Addie Mae,
Today you turn ONE. In the past year 12 months you have turned our little world upside-down and all-around. You have melted your daddy's mercy-less heart. You have opened your brothers to a world of gentle, calm, and quiet. And you have helped create a new dream in the mind of your mommy.
You will be told that your daddy and I did not plan on having you. We were happy with our family of four. But I want you to know, that even though we weren't "trying" to have a baby, you are by no means an accident. Your life was written in history long before January 10, 2011. Your life, your existence is more than flesh and bones. Without you, history would be completely different. I am honored to be first in line to witness the great things you will do and how you will make your mark.
We chose your name five years ago when we were expecting your brothers. We knew if God gave us a daughter, your name would be Addilyn "Addie" Mae Highley. You are named after your great-great-grandmother, Addie Mae Emmerson. From all accounts she was a spit-fire of a woman, who LOVED her family. You would do well by carrying on her legacy.
Addilyn means "noble kind" and Mae means "beautiful." I pray that you would believe you are a BEAUTIFUL NOBLE princess of the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords.
Addie Mae, I love you. I love you today more than I loved you 12 months ago. I will love you tomorrow more than I love you today. You will do things that will anger me, disappoint me, hurt me, and sadden me, but NOTHING you do will ever change my love for you. It comes unconditional. There is one who loves you more than me, not your daddy (although he's a close second).
He is your Heavenly Father. You will do things that will anger him, disappoint him, hurt him, and sadden him, but NOTHING you do will ever change his love for you. It comes unconditional.
With that truth I close this first of many birthday letters. I pray you have a happy, happy birthday my beautiful, noble, girl.
I love you,
Ma-ma
No comments:
Post a Comment