Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Trip Down Bypass Lane...

Perhaps it's because I don't still live there, but every time I visit Bryan, TX, I feel like I'm in high school again.  I want to go eat at Swenson's (which I found out is closed!), make a trip to Wal-Mart, drive up and down the street in my old neighborhood, looking for Daniel, and just hang out with seven of the best friends a girl could ask for.  Weekends in Bryan, TX consisted of football games, sleep overs, random scavenger hunts, driving up and down the Bypass, shaving cream fights, and loads of laughs, tears, and fun.  I spent most of my time with the same girls from 9th grade to senior year.  Sarah, Kathy, Sara, Sabrina, Angela, Stephanie, and Katrina.  We supported each other in life.  Although time has gotten away from us, those memories I hold dear to my heart.  These girls helped me survive high school and come out pretty much unscathed.  To this day, I hold a very special place in my heart for each of these girls.  I would pretty much do anything for them :).

Last night I got to catch up with Kathy, meet her two precious kids, and just have fun watching our children wear themselves out.  I wish I had taken some pictures, but of course, I forgot.  I was too busy having fun.  Maybe next time.

I also was able to visit with another great friend from high school, Danielle.  Danielle is one of the kindest people I know.  She has such an incredible heart for others.  I know I can count on Danielle for support and prayer.  I treasure her friendship so much!  Funny thing, I started out better friends with her brother.  Them we became close in choir and other classes we had in high school.   

What are some of your high school memories?  Living this close to Bryan, I'm sure I will be feeling nostalgic more often.

No comments: