
The Highley Family
Easter Morning 2009
That is why our family has chosen to celebrate the secular part of Easter. Yes, we will hunt Easter eggs. Yes, we will dye eggs. Yes, we will have baskets full of goodies from a furry bunny. But more than these, we will have memories of laughter and fun for years to come. We'll have pictures of our boys with their cousins comparing their Easter loot. We will teach our boys that holidays are about family and friends and about SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING GREAT. At Christmas it's the search for a manger, Valentine's Day is for true love, Easter is the search for the risen Christ, 4th of July is for liberty, Halloween is the search for light in a dark world, and Thanksgiving is the search for home. So here's to Easter 2009 and the memories to come! I pray you find what you're searching for.





2 comments:
I really liked your comparison of what we search for in holidays. I may steal it sometime. Just kidding. I love you.
-Clara
Post a Comment