- Purple is my favorite color, but sadly I own very few purple things.
- I always wanted to be a doctor as a child. Then, my junior year of college I decided to change my major to advertising and then a semester later to social work. Talk about a HUGE pay cut! But I realize the wisdom in my decision every day.
- Because of #2, I still watch medical shows and pretend I'm part of the drama. "Paging Dr. Highley" has a nice ring. I don't think I'd make it on HOUSE. I'd cry every day.
- I like the smell of ammonia (cat litter). Gross, I know.
- I was never a dog person until I got one. Now, I can't imagine my life without Maggie and Mojo.
- Growing up I never wanted kids. I wanted to be the "cool" aunt with the awesome condo on the beach. My nieces and nephews would come and visit every summer and we'd play football in the sand. Vivid, YEP. That's my dreams.
- I get to be MOM to two of the coolest kids around. I can't believe I thought I didn't want to be a Mom. It's the most amazing/rewarding/frustrating/I wouldn't change it for the world experience.
- I would like to visit Europe some day.
- I really want to move out of Lubbock, which is probably why I still live in Lubbock.
- The best books/movies of all time are the "Anne of Green Gables" series. My best friend and I would compare every guy we met to Gilbert. I even went on my honeymoon to Prince Edward's Island. Lucky for me, I got a Ryan - who's better than a Gilbert.
- I wish I was better at video games than I am. I could play them for hours if my pratical side didn't chime in.
- My second favorite book/movie is "To Kill a Mockingbird." Why did Gregory Peck have to be gay?
- I'm nervous about staying home with the boys. What if they don't like me?
- I treasure my friendships more then anything, but am horrible at keeping in touch. I need to be better at that.
- I HATE feeling used, but I'm such a sap I can't tell people no. If I could change one thing about me, that would be it. I wish I was bolder in my opinions and stood up for myself more.
- 25 random comments is a lot. I'm going to waste one here.
- I secretly would like to try out for American Idol, but I'M TOO OLD! The cut off age is 28 years old. Thirty, here I come.
- I have a ton of little hobbies. I wish I had more time for them.
- I have the best husband in the world who compliments me perfectly. God is so good.
- I'm a fan of alternative/rock music. I think I'm a closet skater at times.
- Ice Cream is my favorite dessert, but the best drink is a Carribean Cola on Shaved Ice from Bahama Bucks, hands down!
- I wish I was closer to my extended family, but growing up 10 hours away doesn't help.
- I hate having my nails done by Asians. I try to avoid "You Really American, huh?" comments at all cost (like it's a bad thing). I'll even pay tons more just to keep from having to explain that I was adopted at 23 months. It's not my fault I don't have an accent.
- Facebook has gotten me through some tough times.
- I'm a little OCD. I like my DVDs alphabetized, my shirts organized by type and color, and my books arranged by height
Sunday, February 1, 2009
25 Things About Deminy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment