Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Must Haves

People have always asked us how we manage with twins. I wish I was one of those moms who can say I always do organic and make my own food, dance and sing songs with my boys in lieu of watching TV and do my best to save the environment. Let me be real, I'm not. First of all, we live on one income, so organic (as great as it may be) is not a practical financial option. Secondly, I HAVE NO DESIRE TO MAKE MY OWN FOOD, let alone baby food on top of that. I believe that is why God gave us Gerber. You get the idea. While I would not consider myself a lazy person, having twins as taught me a new meaning of convenience. Here is a list of items that are a staple in the Highley household. I don't know where I would be without each of these:

I really love ALL individually wrapped snacks. They are super easy to just throw in their lunch boxes or pack in the diaper bag for a trip. Way YUMMY, too!

Picture this, you go in the babies room in the morning, in a hurry to get them off to school and you find your child soaked from a leaky diaper. Nothing's worse, huh? I have found the ONLY diaper to work for our boys is Huggies Natural Fit. They are stretchy, comfortable, and VERY ASORBABLE. Yes, they are more expensive than some, but it's worth it not to go through dirty laundry all the time and the clean-up. Plus, our boys have not had any allergy to these diapers.
Both boys love animals. This was the first toy we bought the boys - even before we knew we were going to have twins. Ryan and I were so excited about being parents. This toys is fun, and plus it opens the door to telling the story of Noah.

I know I've blogged about this before, but Praise Baby is the greatest invention ever! The boys LOVE it. I don't know what we would have done without it.
We've travelled A LOT since the arrival of the twins. We've gone to Houston, D/FW more times than I can count, same with Midland. With all these trips, our life would be so much more hectic without dual dvd players. Now, I don't think you need dual players, but we have them, so we use them both. The boys will watch Praise Baby and we've just started watching movies on them now. We are blessed to have such great travelers, but I can honestly say, our travel life is much easier with these two screens in the back.

Ever since we started packing snacks, I've used these Snack Traps for the boys' goodies. The lid is cut so tiny hands can reach in and grab their food, but it won't let them fall out if tipped upside down. I absolutely LOVE these.

This has to be the second greatest pre-baby purchase (next to Noah's Ark). I carry this with me in the diaper bag. I've used it when I'm out and throwing away a poopie diaper doesn't seem appropriate. I put the diaper in the bag, tie a knot and stick in back in the diaper bag until I get home. The bags are scented so they won't stink up my diaper bag. I've also used these to put soiled clothes in.

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

We LOVE Praise Baby too!
All great items, you wonderful mom of two!

caroldock said...

I agree with the Huggies, the Noah's Ark, and the snack cups -- have them all and have LOVED them all! Boston was too chubby for any other diaper and he STILL (at 3 years old) plays with His Little People Noah's Ark, and he ate goldfish out of the snack cup while in the jogging stroller this morning!!!!