Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finding a Little Bit of Joy

I have to be honest, joy has been in short supply lately. Pick a reason...work, feeling guilty for working, children crying at my feet, feeling like a bad mother, trying to meet Ryan's needs, feeling like a bad wife, starting a new ministry with Ryan (the economy is WHAT? and we're starting a NON-PROFIT?)

But today, I woke up feeling sorry for myself and justified in my "depression," until I heard...

"Bye Daddy! Wuv OU!" from Deacon.

Then I realized, that you cannot receive joy from things of the world without first receiving it from the Lord, the Maker, Creator, who gave you those things.
  1. Thank Lord for giving me a job. For allowing me to contribute to our family income and a job that stretches me beyond my comfort level and forces me to lean on you.
  2. Thank you Lord giving me such love for my family that I WANT to stay home with my boys. Thank you Lord in advance because I know you are the fulfiller of my needs and desires.
  3. Thank you Lord for my two precious boys, who despite occassional crying are joyful beyond measure. Thank you Lord for my heart's desire to soothe every pain and dry every tear.
  4. Thank you Lord for Ryan. Thank you for allowing me to love him and allowing him to love. Thank you Lord for giving me a desire to please my husband and serve him. Thank you for making him the head of our household. Thank you for Ryan's job. It is truly a blessing to know that he can openingly talk about you on a daily basis to his kids and show them your love.
  5. Thank you Lord for trusting us with Destiny. Thank you for this responsibility. Thank you for being in control.

There is always a little bit of joy to find in the midst of LIFE.

2 comments:

The Speer Family said...

Deminy,
Thanks for sharing. I can relate to your mom and wife guilt. Iam also learning to trust Him more and focus on His promises and the positive things in my life. Hope to hear from you soon. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you. Our life has been crazy, but things are calming down.
Jenn

Jenn said...

Hey girl, I responded to your email yesterday so let me know when you want to get together.

I really admire your latest post. It's so easy to get caught up in our daily lives that we lose sight of what's really important. Thanks for the awesome reminder! :)